Sunday, November 11, 2012

It all depends on how you look at it......


                                  
On the left: Mountain Mist  
On the right: Tree of Mystery


This is an interesting painting. I began painting Mountain Mist, as a continuation in my rock series. I loved painting it, feeling the cool mist crawling over the edge, and adding the mysterious dark blue mountain in shadow to the right. The strength of the rocks and softness of the mist with a touch of mystery, spoke to me of a woman's character.
When I was finished I turned it upside down and voila! there was Tree of Mystery with snow piled around the tree's trunk. The same feelings of softness, strength and mystery live within the painting turned this direction. I love it! 
This is wonderful. If you get tired of Mountain Mist, just turn it upside down and you have a new painting! This is what I call a "happy accident"!

Watercolor on Yupo Paper - Size: 11" x 14"          Original art unframed: $120






No comments:

Post a Comment