Monday, November 12, 2012

Vein of Color on Yupo



What is it about rocks that I love so much? I play with the paint and suddenly rocks appear! With this painting, the warm and cool gemstones wanted to be seen, and sometimes I feel the painting comes alive by itself. It's like Michelangelo sculpting and talking about the form crying to be freed from it's stone casing.

Try painting with watercolor on Yupo. Allow the color to paint itself. All you need is the wisdom to know when to stop. After it dries, give it a spray of clear acrylic gloss to seal the paint and to prevent you from going back and tinkering! The other day I had a painting everyone loved but I felt it needed just a little more. It kept getting worse and worse until finally I washed it all off to start fresh. That's the good part about painting with Yupo. You never waste paper.

Watercolor on Yupo Paper - Size: 11" x 14"     Original art unframed - $110

No comments:

Post a Comment